Being a minority student initially had Aaliyah McLean doubting her place at JMU. But she turned that doubt around and created new opportunities for her and other women of color.
- A misstep leads to mandatory community service that becomes a career path
- Finding a faith community built her endurance and gave her a support group
- Challenges led to stress, but fitness and a mentorship have helped
- She wasn’t sure her place at JMU, so she created it
- Working hard when you don’t believe you can do it