I wanted to make a design that was functional and practical as well as something that looked nice. I decided to make a piggy bank in the shape of a bear. I felt that this was achievable because the printers can only print certain details. I knew I also couldn’t make this project too big because it wouldn’t have fit on the build plate of the printers. I played around in Tinkercad to get the design that I wanted. hardest part was lining up all the different pieces to the bear. I also had to make sure that the bear design actually looked like a bear.

I printed it out multiple times. First starting with the head attached to the body. But I had to add support in the middle because the head would not stay up. I couldn’t get the support out, so I had to print it again. Then I printed the head and body separately, but forgot to hollow to the entire head. Then I fixed all the bugs and decided to print again. This time there were holes in the stomach so I change the stomach a little bit and reprinted it. Finally I got the final print and took out all the support. I then hot glued the head to the body of the bear so it looks like a real piggy bank. I added a pipe cleaner scarf to the neck to hide the glue.