Emma Freeman Portfolio

cookie cutter thingiverse links:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3282421

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3282432

Coin Trap

This cointrap was made from a download from Thingiverse. We paused the print half way through to put a quarter in it and then resumed it. The quarter is now trapped in the cage.

Dreidel

I made a dreidel for my cousin from a Thingiverse design. The spinner and the top were two different pieces so I melded it together with a lighter. I am excited to give it to him!

Keychain

I made this keychain myself on Tinekercad for my brother, who’s name is Sam. I just merged the letters together and added a loop to put a hook on. 

Ring Holder

While experimenting with practical objects that I could actually use, I decided with all of the rings I wear I could use a ring holder. I played around on tinkercad and made this with a combination of shapes. It works nicely on my bedside table.

Water Bottle

This water bottle was made as part of a partner project. We designed it on Tinkercad- We just made a cylinder and made another one slightly smaller as a hole. We had many revised versions of it. JMU DUKES is imprinted on the side of it. The top screws into the bottle with a domed lid that has a descent strong handle on it. It took hours to print but was worth it.

Ring(s)

I designed a couple of different rings. I first made the size and initial shape of a standard ring in Fusion 360 and morphed it in Meshmixer. I found a design I liked and created a raised face with a stamp of the celtic knot design in it. I printed many different versions of it and then sent it into Shapeways in sandstone. When it arrived and unfortunately when I put it on it broke into three pieces. But I reprinted it in plastic and I’m happy with it. I also made a mini ring pop ring for fun as well in meshmixer.

OpenSCAD Comb

We made this comb using openscad code. It was printed on an Ultimaker and is perfect. We did a lot of modifying for it to work but now its printed and works perfect!

Makeup Brush Cleaner

I made a cleaner for my makeup brush in tinkercad. This will be used to run water on my brushes and wipe off the old makeup in it so my brushes are clean. It is very useful

Cookie Cutters

I made cookie cutters for my friend’s birthday cookies by converting a png to a SVG and uploading it into inkscape. I then modified it to how I wanted the cookie cutter to look and uploaded it into tinkercad. Then I raised it and added a lip to it, making it practical. It was a tedious process but the cookies I made with them turned out very nice.