Our first project was to create a penny trap, pictured below:

Next, we received an item from a grab-bag.  I drew a fire truck, however, I was still a novice to Tinkercad and stuck with a basic firefighter hat, pictured below:

As the class got more comfortable with Tinkercad, we had a larger project.  For this, Ryan and myself created a chessboard featuring JMU colors as the opposing pieces.  This is also pictured below:

After, we upgraded to Fusion 360, a program that we used to create rings and send to Shapeways in order for them to be formed into actual metal rings.  I chose footprints to surround my ring as my grandmother and mom would always tell me of the biblical poem “Footprints in the Sand” which I still keep close to my heart.  Here is the finished ring:

Next, we were given an assignment to fix a household object  of another student in the class.  Ryan and I chose to create a missing piece to Nic’s Apple Pencil.  The finished product is pictured below:

Our penultimate project was a group project for OpenSCAD, a program that I really struggled with and was fortunate to have a computer guru in Nic in my group.  Nic, Ryan, and I created a phone stand that would be able to rotate on an axis.  This was a cool project to see Nic work and he was able to give me tips and tricks to improve my computer coding skills.  Here is the finished design:

Lastly, our big final project was a free-for-all.  Over the summer, I noticed on my boss’s desk a miniature version of his alma mater’s football stadium.  I obviously was drawn to it and looked all across the web to find a similar product for Bridgeforth Stadium here at JMU, but was not able to find such a neat item.  So, I decided to create my own!  At first, I used Tinkercad and used wedges and different shapes to create the stadium, performance center, and scoreboard.  Later, I found that there are 3D designs of campus buildings that I could use, so I extracted those images and reworked them to better fit in Tinkercad.  It took long to do the latter since the designs were not fully completed, but the end result looks much better the second time as the outline of the stadium was much more accurate.  Here is the finished result!