For my final project I wanted to create something I would be able to use in the future. Next year I am living in an apartment with 5 other girls in my sorority (Tri Delta). I was trying to come up with something we could either use or display in the apartment and the decision I came to was a key holder, the kind with hooks. I created this design in Tinkercad and it has a main frame of 3 deltas and a small shelf, and then 5 hooks for keys, one for each roommate. Below is my design…

The deltas were simple to create with an already made triangle shape, and then some holes to make the inside hollow. This will make it very easy to hang on the wall, as three nails can easily hold it up inside each delta. The shelf was also a simple rectangle. The hooks are where it got difficult. I made them using small rectangles but was worried about them breaking off once printed. To fix this I added a cone shape to the top on each hook going into the shelf, providing a little more support. Then I had to make the 90-degree angles of the hooks more of a slanted semi-circle, so they didn’t break off with the weight of keys either. I did this by using a sphere and some holes and carefully placing this new rounded edge on each 90-degree angle of the hook.

I printed a small version of the key holder to see how it would turn out and I am very happy with the result…

I will now print a bigger and final print for my apartment!