When I began this ring project, I tried to follow the tutorial but was having a tough time. For my first print I decided to do a different way of creating a ring by making the circle and extruding it to the height I needed. That resulted in this…

This ring not only came out too small but was also too perfectly circular. It needed some fillet in order to slide on easier. I decided to give the class tutorial another try, this time I was successful. After printing this ring it slide onto my finger a lot easier and was more visually appealing too. This is what the outcome for this looked like…

After finalizing that this shape and size was good, I moved my ring into mesh mixer. This has been a very difficult program for me to try and understand. I had difficulty adding any sort of design to the center of ring so I was forced to design the edges. At first I was skeptical but I ended up really likely the outcome. I was able to use the sketch tool to make the top and bottom of the ring have a wavy pattern. I continued to adjust these so they were symmetrical and then went ahead with a test print.

My first test print failed so tragically that I don’t even have picture proof because it did not make it past the first few layers. To adjust this, I decided to reprint my ring standing vertically and this allowed my waves to print a lot better. My final design looked as follows…

I decided to print my ring in versatile plastic and I went with a nice pink color!