Fusion 360:

I didn’t have much of an issue creating my ring in fusion 360. After the assignment of making 5 objects in fusion, I feel pretty confident in my abilities to use the software and the instructions were pretty straightforward. I did have to go back to fusion once or twice to change the size because my initial measurement was a bit off.

Meshmixer:

I had much more difficulty using meshmixer. First I struggled to even import an image. But once I did, the image didn’t stamp well at all. I even used an only black and white image:

but it only created a blob. So I got creative with the blob I was given and at first I made an indented stripe around the whole ring with it:

But it didn’t come out looking that great:

so on my next iteration I made a zig zag pattern with the indent:

And this is the final version that I sent to shapeways. I chose sandstone so that the ring will look like Charlie Brown’s shirt (without the black in the zig zag which I may myself).

I guess another issue I had was shapeways wasn’t accepting my credit card, but I figured out it was cause I had my shipping address as my billing address. I always thought that part of online checkouts was bs and it didn’t actually validate the address, but I guess not.