At first the plan was to make a simple standing piano, but then realized that that design was way too simple.

Since I still liked the idea of designing a piano, I decided that the best option would be to make a grand piano since they are more detailed and have a more interesting visual appearance. I used cylinder holes to control the cures of the piano which worked out really well.

During the presentation of the design I was informed that the legs were too skinny to support the piano, so afterward I made a quick change and widened them.

After scraping the design for the simple standing piano, I am really proud of how the grand piano ended up. For the first print there was too much support in between the legs to the point that i couldn’t remove it without breaking off the legs.

Since the support was so difficult in the first print, I decided to print the legs separately from the rest of the piano and use a hot glue gun in order to attach them after I painted it. I used acrylic paint to make my print look like an actual piano. I decided to stick with a classic black base and white keys. The keys didn’t print separately like I wanted but I realized that with how small my print is that it would look really strange if there was space between each key.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3132069/files