0

Jorden McLean Final Presentation

Tinkercad Final

For my Tinkercad final project I made a lego man. This may have been my favorite thing, seeing it all come together. It only took  a few different tries to get all the sockets working; the only main issue was that whenever I printed the body, the finished piece would almost always get stuck to the printing table. That happened at least 3 times and it took ages to get off each time (whenever I printed vertical it just wouldn’t come out right. Overall, I really like how he came out.

Fusion 360

My fusion 360 project definitely came at a close second for favorites (it might even be the first, it’s hard to say). Fusion was absolutely terrible for me the first two weeks, especially because I had to use the desktop version since the application wasn’t working on my laptop. Eventually I got it to work and it’s been better since, and I was able to make this model of a camera I’ve been saving up for.

OpenSCAD

OpenSCAD was, by far, my least favorite program, simply because I don’t like programming. I think it was the most stressful one yet, too. I like pushing random buttons and dragging things around a little more. After a couple weeks I kind of got the hang of the most simple commands – just enough to change variables, but that came after hours of staring at tutorials, which is something I didn’t need to do for any other program. I figured out how to make this key, which is pretty impressive by my standards.

Final Final Project

For my final final project I went back to tinkercad, simply because it was the easiest for me. I found a model train online and decided to make a 3d model of it. I tried to make the colors accurate so it resembles it as closely as possible. It took a good while to get the proportions right, but overall I like how it turned out.

Overall, I really liked this class, and I would definitely recommend it to friends (I already have, actually). It was really fun- stressful sometimes, but fun. Maybe one day I’ll try to find a real world use for 3D modeling in my day-to-day life, because that would be pretty cool.

mclea3ja