0

Brian Shrestha: Final Presentation

Tinkercad Final Project: Box Monster

For my final project I want to create a face with depth and movable arms, the arms are gonna be the tricky part of this project as I want it to move 360 degrees but need to incorporate it into the side of the face. I tried to create fists and his head is made of bricks to add some texture and design to the structure. I still felt like it wasn’t challenging enough so I added wings….the first of many mistakes as it was harder than I thought.

Challenge #1: Incorporating the joint piece into the cube was harder than I thought. every time I tried to make a hole the entire mid-section of the cylinder joint would disappear.

Challenge #2: The wings were hard to create. It involved skewing cylinders and piecing them together to make the shape, was tedious.

Challenge #3: The print came out really well and on the first try too. The wings look sloppy but that’s probably because I did high speed print. But the biggest problem is now that the support of the structure in the joint won’t come out.

Fusion Final: Cat

For my fusion360 project I was recommended by a friend to create the cat from Sailor Moon. I thought the objects that created a cat was geometrically easy enough to create in fusion while difficult enough for my lack of skills in the software. I think the hardest part about it is going to be the face as it has the most objects and is the most recognizable feature. I found fusion was a lot easier than tinkercad in spacing things out due to the very versatile copy/move features in it. This helps greatly in creating an object like this.

But making it was a lot harder than I thought.

I couldn’t create the body the way I wanted to. I didn’t know how to squish it. I tried using a sphere at first then searched online and people were suggesting using this form shape but I still couldn’t get it. The tutorials I found online didn’t help, maybe because I use the macs software while everything is pc instructions. But in the end I finally made what resembled a cat, more specifically Garfield. It’s probably the funniest fail I’ve ever done, but I learned more than what I knew beforehand and my friends love it.

OpenScad Final

3D printing has been very popular lately due to this design. It helps hold first responders face masks back so it doesn’t rub on the ears after prolonged use. I think OpenSCAD is a perfect software to create something like this with a minimalistic design and precise measurements.

My final render was better than expected. Creating the setup was a little difficult, but once i did one part the others were just translating it and rotating it a different way. I messed up the first time as I had the arrows pointed the wrong way, which would’ve made mask strings slip right off. But after correcting them I think it’s pretty solid. Would just have to make sure they’re printed with flexible filament.

Final Final

For my final final project I decided to use Tinkercad. It was the simplest and easiest program we learned for me personally so I stuck to my strengths. For the Project I made a hollow book with a hinge. The hardest part about it was the hinge, it incorporated a lot of different parts as seen in the pictures and I had to search others hinges for inspiration and how to create one.

I think the project came out pretty well. I was thinking of making multiple hinges but thought it was more efficient to create one giant one.

Thing I’m Most Proud Of: Silly Serious Challenge

It was a trophy and olaf from frozen put it together. My addition to it was his famous line “I’ve been impaled”.  It was a simple project but it was my first time using a different 3d printer, I forgot the name, its been a while heh. But it printed it vertical and almost perfect with no supports. I was really ecstatic and was blown away that the tiny arms even printed.

shrestbx