0

Michael Smith OpenSCAD final

For my OpenSCAD final, I made this snowman you see here. I translated 3 different sized spheres with a “$fn” value of 100 so they looked very smooth. I also made them white because I thought it would look better than the regular yellow color. I then tried to make its stick arms. This was harder because I had to rotate them equally which proved to be a challenge for me. I also colored them brown which was harder than expected because I thought the color value would have gone up to 255 like every other color customizer but OpenSCAD’s only wants values from 0.0 to 1.0. This made me need to divide all the standard RGB values that I would have used by a standard of 1000 so all the values would have the same ratio and be within the threshold that OpenSCAD wants. I then made the buttons, eyes, and mouth with a sphere with a diameter of 1 and translated them to where I wanted them to be. The nose is a cylinder that I made to be a cone-shaped to resemble a classic carrot nose. I then made the hat with difference sized cylinders and translated them to make the shape of the hat. I kept everything organized in the code field by breaking it up into sections with “//.” This really made it easier for me to troubleshoot when things went wrong. I’m very happy with how the snowman came out and very proud of him.

smit28mr