0

Rabie Hasnaoui’s Final Fusion Project

When I started thinking about what to do for my final Fusion project, I had virtually no clue what to do; thus, for inspiration I looked at the twenty objects I had made and started to just play around with random sketches. When I started messing with the the revolve tool, I started to have more ideas come to me and I decided to go with a UFO.

I started the UFO by making a sketch that I would revolve around to make the saucer-like shape. You can see the sketch in the following photo:

After revolving this is what the form looked like:

I knew going it that I wanted to design the design to have a pattern going around the saucer, so I decided on using a sphere pattern going around the different layers of the UFO. I used the circular pattern tool by selecting the path I wanted and the shape I wanted. However this process took a lot of trail and error. It was not allowing me to make the pattern I wanted. I just kept trying it until, somehow, it finally worked. After adding in the spheres, the UFO’s shape look like this:

Finally, I decided to add a cylinder coming from the bottom of the ship that the “beam” of the ship comes out from, similar to many media depictions of UFOs.

My final step was coloring the design because it originally was all a silver color. Therefore, I changed the colors to the ones seen in the photos.

I was very happy with how it turned out, especially with this new software.

hasnaorx