Drew Brees a Powerhouse for the Hammerheads

HONOLULU – Quarterback Drew Brees tied an NFL record with seven touchdown passes in the 193.76-141.56 win over the Louisville Lizards Sunday afternoon. The veteran had been averaging 340 passing yardsDrew_Brees_Saints_2008 per game and completed 40-of-50 throws for 551 yards in Sunday’s win.

Brees is back in the saddle throwing like the man who won the 2009 Super Bowl MVP. He set new single game highs in yardage and passing scores against the Lizards. Since week four Brees has thrown for 13 touchdowns and has been the leading scorer for the Hammerheads.

“I have just found my rhythm again and I am really happy with where I am in my career,” Brees said when asked about the big win. “I’m looking to finish out this season strong.”

“He’s our leader,” runing back Todd Gurley said. “When your leader is performing at a high level like that, everything else just comes together naturally.”

The Hammerheads face the Memphis Blues this Sunday at home. For more information about the Hammerheads, and or Drew Brees’ statistics, contact Andy Lohman, PR specialist at lohmanar@honhammerheads.com or call 808-333-3334.