Johnson’s Standout Game Leads Seasiders Past Pointyheads

HONOLULU, Hawaii – This week’s player of the game for the Honolulu Seasiders was Steve Johnson. The wide-receiver scored and a touchdown and totaled 71 yards throughout Sunday’s game against the Pointyheads.

At the end of the third quarter, Johnson saw an opportunity and took it. “We wanted to go into the fourth quarter up and I knew we had the opportunity to score so I just did everything I could to get open and make sure Jay [Cutler, quarterback] could get the ball to me,” Johnson said.

Throughout the season, Johnson has been a consistent player, but this week he really stood out and proved his worth to the team. “We’re really proud of the way he played today. He definitely showed me that he is someone we can continue to rely on for the rest of the season,” General Manager Tori Montano remarked.

Honolulu plans on having Johnson as their starting wide-receiver for next Sunday’s game against the San Antonio Defenders at Aloha Stadium

The Honolulu Seasiders are the official NFL team of Honolulu, Hawaii. All home games are played at Aloha Stadium located at 1600 Aloha Boulevard. General Manager of the team is Tori Montano. For more information, please visit our website www.honoluluseasiders.com. For tickets please call the box office at 808-745-2934.

-###-