Lauren Springer did really well in high school, so failing a class in college was a new experience. The experience strengthened her resolve to succeed. When she graduated in May 2020, she was selected as the graduation speaker.
- When a financial surprise came, he had to figure out how to fund college
- A misstep leads to mandatory community service that becomes a career path
- Finding a faith community built her endurance and gave her a support group
- Challenges led to stress, but fitness and a mentorship have helped
- She wasn’t sure her place at JMU, so she created it