There are three awards available for MARAC Spring 2020 in Harrisonburg:
1) Marsha Trimble Meeting and Travel Award ($400)
2) Joan Echtenkamp Klein Meeting and Travel Award ($250)
3) Karen A. Stuart Local History Collection Workshop & Conference Attendance Award
Additional information about each award is included below.
APPLICATION: Applicants for awards should submit the following:
1) Cover letter that includes:
a) Award for which you are applying (name and amount)
b) Statement of financial need
c) Expected benefits of attending the conference (citing specific sessions or workshops of interest)
3) Letter of reference from a person with knowledge of the applicant’s work (sent directly to the MARAC Scholarship Committee Chair, Cindy Bendroth, via email at MARAC.Scholarship@gmail.com)
DEADLINE: March 13, 2020 for the Spring 2020 Harrisonburg, VA meeting
TO APPLY: Send a single PDF of the cover letter and resume to Cindy Bendroth , MARAC Scholarship Committee Chair, at MARAC.Scholarship@gmail.com. Letter of recommendation should be sent by the reference as a PDF directly to Cindy Bendroth, MARAC Scholarship Committee Chair, at MARAC.Scholarship@gmail.com. Please include MARAC Scholarship Application in the subject line. All applicants will receive an email confirming their application has been received.
More information is available at https://www.marac.info/conference-scholarships.