0

Grant Folsom’s Tinkercad Final Project: Battleship North Carolina

Battleship North Carolina Design

I’m currently designing the World War II Battleship North Carolina of the US Navy.

The design of this ship will mostly consist of small details, primarily at the center, also known as the superstructure of the ship.

Based off this image, I’ve focused on the main level and working my way up one level at a time. I have currently finished the main batteries and the secondaries. When I finish the superstructure, I may consider including the famous Bofors turrets that litter the battleship’s exterior. The center part of the ship has lots of different structures jutting inwards and outwards. Most of the photos I found to base off of are not flat on with the ship, so some details are lost because the images cannot show all the details.

The finished product does not have fine details, but it includes the main components of the battleship. The difficult part was the central area, witch needed a substantial amount of blocks needed to accurately portray the real ship. Fortunately, there was enough to recreate the overall design of the ship.

The final turnout looked great. The main battery cannons still have supports on them, but I elected to keep them on since they will be fragile. The secondaries were too small since it is scaled down in the Tinkercad model. If this were reprinted, it can be bigger, I just need perhaps a whole day for a large print.

folsomgc