0

Grab Bag; Moving Thing; 20 Random Objects

Moving thing:

My print did not work out as I planned. I tried to make some gears that would fit together but I did not make the hole big enough, so I had to glue the two gears together. I plan to reprint the gears to make it look a bit better.

Grab Bag Noun:

I created a man with a hat for my grab bag noun. The first time I printed the man, I made a mistake and the printer attempted to print a hollowed-out man. I then received some help and printed the man more successfully. I had to cut the print short after my third attempt because the printer began to print in the wrong areas. I then decided to print the hat for the man separately. The hat turned out very well although it is disproportionate to the man because I had to stop printing the man before it was completed. I spent a lot of time on this assignment trying to figure out this print, but I learned a lot and feel more confident going forward.

20 Random Objects:

For my random 20 Objects, I first tried to print a map of the United Kingdom. This print went poorly so I then attempted to print a mustache. This print was going well but ultimately began to print in the wrong areas as well. Lastly, I decided to print a shape, and with a little help from a more advanced member that was in the lab, I was able to print the shape successfully.

gill2jl

Hi! My name is John Gill. I am a Senior Communications major with a minor in Italian. I love it hear at JMU and am sad my time is coming to a close. I enjoy playing intramural sports with my friends, and I am a member of the Italian club. I am looking forward to learning all the basics in 3D printing this semester.