Deep Clearance Project Page

Our hack: Gain situational awareness inside a natural or man-made enemy or potential enemy sanctuary.

MEET THE DEEP CLEARANCE TEAM 

Marshall Grismard

Marshall Grismard

Marshall is a Junior at James Madison University, pursuing a degree in Intelligence Analysis, with a minor in History. He has always had an interest in utilizing technology in order to solve problems, which led him to research more on drones and their uses around the world. Marshall is very excited to see the fulfillment of the Landmines project, and looks forward to helping solve challenges by utilizing various technologies in the future.

Jare Michael Zurn

Jare Michael Zurn

I am a junior engineering student at James Madison University. My passions lie with serving my country with the military through aspects of my engineering education. I look forward to providing a solution that I know will serve our service members to the highest capability.

Cassandra Hagstoz

Cassandra Hagstoz

I am a sophomore undergraduate at James Madison University, studying Computer Information Systems and Computer Science. I have experience pitching and developing innovative solutions to today’s global challenges. I participated in shorter version of this class in my fall semester which led to my researching drones, GIS technology, and VR adaptability. My goal is to develop and deploy an effective solution to gain situational awareness in denied areas instead of simply pitching one.

Joshua Talley

Joshua Talley

I am a sophomore undergraduate at James Madison University studying nursing. Due to my major, I have knowledge with human healthcare and a different aspect on the safety of an individual. I plan to apply this to the problem at hand that deals with situational awareness.

Giavanna Verdi

Giavanna Verdi

I am a senior undergraduate student at James Madison University, studying Biology with a Pre-Medicine concentration. Due to the knowledge from my major, I have experience with environmental awareness and human healthcare. My goal for this class is to apply my expertise in human body systems and the surrounding environment to a potential prototype, in an effort to solve the problem of gaining situational awareness.

ALL POSTS BY DEEP CLEARANCE 

Scroll down to access all of our team’s research 

Reflections on Our First Steps

Our team was very satisfied with our first presentation, in which we explained appropriate information about the Deep Clearance Situational Problem that we obtained from individuals with busy schedules and tremendous commitments in serving our country.  We...

Team Deep Clearance’s First Beginnings

Interview with Sponsors: January 30, 2017 Interviews with Contacts 1, 2, 3: February 1, 2017 Interview with Contacts 4, 5, 6: February 2, 2017 Team Deep Clearance plans to move forward by reaching out to all persons of contact provided by our sponsors, as each of...

We are Team Deep Clearance

Gain situational awareness inside a natural or man-made enemy or potential enemy sanctuary.   TeamsHome About Deep ClearanceDigital Overlay Drone Detection Humanitarian Assistance UAS Hard KillContact UsJMU...

A picture of beautiful people

JMU X-Labs

4-VA

Drone Detection

Our hack: How might we physically disrupt (i.e., destroy the aircraft in flight or disable its ability to maintain lift) Group 1 and Group 2 UAS for dismounted troops to protect them from UAS threats?

Drone Detection