First, I assessed the video “Urban Art vs. Vandalism” by Summer Tappmeyer. For the conceptual core, I thought the thesis was clear, which was that there is a goal between differing what is considered art versus what is vandalism. For research competence, there are various sources that help tell the story as Summer shares her experiences in Italy. The street art was very inspiring to her, and it was beneficial that she added background history about what urban art used to be and what it is today. The video added transitions and pictures which helped the story flow better in order to create a more meaningful understanding of the story for the audience. For creative realization and innovation, I think this kind of topic is useful when including visuals rather than words written out on a paper, so you can see the artistic effect. Art is something that people turn towards for inspiration, which means color, images, backgrounds is much more than just a word, because you can imagine it however you’d like to. For the relationship between format and content, it is important to think about how getting inspiration from other areas will format the story. By relying on multiple positions or sides to create a story, people are able to have a part in the art discussion. This particular format of the video was ideal for creating this story. Overall, the history of the various artists and their artwork was relevant in the creation of the thesis and discussion points.

Secondly, I assessed the blog, “Universities offer disability support, but finding it is another matter” by Ellie Drewry. For the conceptual core aspect, I thought the blog was very inspirational and I think all universities should take a stand like this. The thesis used real-life examples that Ellie had been through personally. For example, she mentioned that she received a modified laptop, but that It arrived broken and still hasn’t been fixed by the provider. For research competence, I thought the blog didn’t require much research to create since it was based on Ellie’s personal experience. Ellie’s examples included her personal journey and hardships she had gone through rather than relying on internet-based facts. For creative realization and innovation, digital resources were not utilized here. Blogs are made to focus on someone’s life; therefore, the thesis was illuminated through real life experiences. This project could have been achieved on paper however, reading this post on paper or online would not give me the same effect as it did in the blog. For relationship between form and content, the thesis of the project was to prove that finding disability support at a university is harder than one thinks. I think that this paragraph design was a perfect way to display the content and provide specific examples.