Reflection:

Over the last two weeks, I have begun practicing mindfulness and becoming fully aware of what it is. The readings in this course have helped me gain better insight as to the process and the topic itself. The content of this course has helped me find a new network to release my stress, and broadened my knowledge concerning mindfulness. I have learned that mindfulness doesn’t need to be done everyday if it doesn’t fit into your schedule. However, finding time for yourself is important and mindfulness is a great way to spend it.

Coming into this course my knowledge about mindfulness was limited. I had not really practiced it except for a couple times in Reg’s class, and I liked it. However, I just wasn’t sure if it would provide me with the benefits that it was supposedly able to. I chose guided meditation as my mindfulness technique because that is what Reg showed us in class and I enjoyed it. I became interested to see if it could provide me with a better look on life and become less stressed.

Starting guided meditation did not bring about much change. However, I was patient and waited for the duration of the course to see if any changes would happen. Now that I have reached the end, I have noticed that I am less tense in everyday life and I have guided meditation to thank for it. It allows me to release every day stress and inhibitions about anything and just focus on becoming centered. This has been a great experience for me and I will continue guided meditation in the future.