The first multimedia piece I assessed is from the student blogging website, The Guardian. I choice the post titled, “I didn’t tell anyone I was raped at university. I’m not alone”. This article touches upon a young girls experience on how she was raped. She was afraid to speak out or tell anyone about it but she realized she was not the only one this was happening to. The article shares a story but also touches upon statistics and a campaign #RevoltSexualAssault that allows people to tell their stories to prevent campus rape. The author expressed her main points to help get her point across to the reader. A blog post was the best use of multimedia for this topic because it allowed her to express her opinion and others could also share their experiences. Another source of digital media that was used is a video of her telling a short synopsis of what happened to reach out to the audience. Although, there her opinion is strongly voiced, I wish there were more facts about other females who went through exactly what she went through. Also, you can add a comparison with this issue in other countries to see how major an issue this is. There is a huge epidemic of rape in today’s world especially on college campuses. This issue clearly needs to be resolved and this form of media helps people learn about this major issue.

The second piece I chose was a podcast. The one I chose was “Teens are Losing More Sleep than Ever”. It discussed the many distractions students face while doing work or studying. Students are playing video games, watching T.V., on their phones, and many other things and because of this they are not getting enough sleep. A student talked about how they feel left out at times and use social media to feel connected. I often feel this way and feel left out from the things going on around me. In my Isat 160 my professor talked about how technology is becoming an addiction that we need to learn how to break out of. I know for me I am constantly distracted by technology and loose many hours of sleep due to this. We are becoming distracted and often time depressed because of it. He advises us to put our phones down before bed as a start to realize we do not need these devices. The podcast used kids of all ages which helps demonstrate how major this problem is. The podcast could have used more statistics on the affects of getting no sleep have on students. It could have also interviewed people of different cultural backgrounds to see if this issue is an issue for everyone. I also feel this is more of a problem for college level students, so it might have helped by focusing in on just them compared to children of all ages.