First, I read “How to Support Friends Through Their Mental Health Struggles”, this article discusses the ways in which you can support your friends who are battling with mental health issues. First it discusses things to look out for that someone may be dealing with as they are struggling with the mental health issues. It says things such as, changes in everyday habits, changes in mood, destructive or self-harming behavior, and changes in socializing patterns. It gives tips on ways you can converse with the person by setting an open dialogue and allowing them to initiate the conversation. The article emphasizes not putting pressure on your friend or putting them in an uncomfortable position. The thesis of the article was about how you can support your friends with mental health issues and it ample information was given on the thesis. To better support the thesis I think it would have helped to have more resources, possibly interviewing someone with a mental illness and having them discuss what would best make them feel supported. The article is not digitally unique or provide something innovative. I think the information in the article and the thesis have a strong correlation. Overall I think this article gives good ideas about how to support your friend and what to say to make them comfortable, but I think it would have been beneficial to explain why someone may feel this way and to use more resources to support the thesis.

Secondly, I listened to the podcast, “Teens are Losing More Sleep Than Ever”, the teenagers talk about how posting on social media that they are awake and constantly wanting to communicate with people via social media has contributed to teens sleeping less. One teenager talked about how his girlfriend contributed to his sleepless, as well as another applying to college. She talked about how this affected her mood. This leads to anxiety and then the cycle repeats and it leads to more stress. Based off of the discussions with the students the biggest factor of teenagers being sleep deprived is their phones. This radio talk was interesting, I think it is a problem for teenagers and adults now how much technology and constant communication has become somewhat of an addiction. I think this radio talk would be interesting if they had viewed people of more diverse ages. I would be interested to see how much other people have slept that they mentioned they have tracked. The thesis of this podcast was to discuss teens losing sleep and to give evidence and example of why this may be happening. I think this podcast had a good variety of resources, they had people tracking their sleeping, as well as interviewing students currently in high school. I think the digital resource enhances the idea of the project because it is personable and you hear the voices of the people as well as their side of the story. The thesis and the content are correlated and what is discussed in the podcast supports the thesis.