The first multimedia project that I will be assessing is a podcast from Studio 365. The Conceptual Core of this website is to provide interviews on historical events. I clicked on the podcast titled “Can one man save the world?” The central question of this specific podcast was how President JFK’s decision(s) saved the world. The use of a recording device and list of questions during the interview really highlighted the Research Competence section because these were the resources used in developing the project. The volume of the podcast was not too loud or too low, and the quality was clear. I do not find this specific multimedia project to be creative or innovative because the same effect of the podcast could have been done on paper. This makes the project lack in the Creative realization and innovation section; the interview, to me, does not enhance the project’s thesis because the interviewee was not a professional historian. The Relationship between form and content of this project paired well with each other. The design of the project did go along with the overall thesis of it, but I think something could have been done to illuminate the thesis better such as the use of pictures or info-graphics.

The other project I will “peer review” is one of the digital storytelling pieces titled “Run Your World.” The overall purpose, or conceptual core, of this website is to tell a story through the use of images and a voice over. In “Run Your World,” the thesis discussed steps on how to overcome the guilt you may feel from not running and working out. Some of the tips/steps were to find a role model, be nice to your body/mind, start easy, get a running buddy, and set goals. In terms of research competence, the woman speaking did not have any credibility other than the fact that she began running. She came up with good tips, but she is not any sort of expert on this subject. The quality of the video was good, but her accent could potentially cause problems for other listeners as it was slightly difficult to understand at times. I think the idea of digital storytelling excels in the creative realization and innovation section because the pictures she used told a story on their own. Without the pictures, the woman would have been talking for 5 minutes straight and bored listeners. The Relationship between form and content of this project did feel cohesive because the pictures correlated well with each tip the woman said in her voice over. I enjoyed this multimedia project better than the podcast.